Friday 1 October 2010

Last round of the BDS!

It feels like no time at all I was up in the woods at Rheola in the sun filming my first race and the first National of the year. In reality it was almost 6 months ago. So about 4000 miles, 20 tapes, 6 weekends and a whole lot of good memories later it's the end of the season.
Dave & Si have done a wicked job this year with the Nationals and the National Champs weren't too shabby either. I've met some wicked people and I'd like to think I've established myself better as a videographer and blogger in the UK Downhill Scene.
I've gotta say that out of all the rounds, Llangollen was definitely my favourite. The great weather, the awesome people I went up with, the fun car journey, the great riders, the awesome track, and the chilled out saturday night sat down by the river! Ae forest was a pretty good event too, although the conditions were a little challenging, it made for great footage and I think that was easily my best video of the year so far!
Anyway, this weekend!
I'd never been to Caersws before, and I feel like the only one who hasn't. It's been a race venue for years and holds tonnes of races each year yet I've never been. Anyway, with a race this late in the year I knew it was probably going to be pretty cold. And that it was. We left early on saturday morning and got there for the start of practice. I stupidly decided to walk the course with Dom and Olly Hooper and by the time we got down to the bottom it was almost 11 and sign in was almost closed. I went up the hill and despite some big time hold ups from someone nailing themself on a tree stump, and some weapon knocking himself out and forgetting his name.
Sunday was pretty standard and as usual consisted of lots of waiting around and chilling with the media posse and listening to Mono scream at Milky for selling his bars. (haha)
Anyway, my college timetable is changed now which meant I couldn't edit on the Monday, so Tuesday it was. I had to export it twice (annoyingly) because the first time for some random reason I had no sound. Then I had to upload it twice as out plumber took the plug out of my hard drive mid-upload.

Anyway, it's up now and here it is!


BDS Round 5, Caersws >>



I'm also doing a few more Behind the Lens interviews on Pinkbike to post up soon, and hopefully doing some stuff for Wideopen too which I'm excited about. Anyway, until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment