Thursday 23 September 2010

Timelapses

I've gotten really into timelapses recently. I think they can add a lot to a video if you use them in the right place, and use decent ones.
I've been experimenting with a few, but only out of my front window, obviously no-where near as epic as these two I'm about to post. It really does suck living in a small place like Exeter. There's not much interesting stuff to timelapse, and not many big hills to get out onto. Hopefully I'll be able to get some much better ones next year when I'm travelling.

Anyway, I follow John Reynolds 'likes' on Vimeo, and he liked these two stunning Timelapse videos. I find that Vimeo is a great tool not just for uploading videos, but for watching. I 'follow' a lot of great videographers on there so I can see their likes and it enables me to see some awesome videos that otherwise I wouldn't see.

Anyway, first off this one. I'm going to try and film something similar to this at some point, as stars aren't hard to come across, you just need somewhere with hardly any light pollution, and obviously, no clouds. But oviously minus all of the meteors!

Joshua Tree Under the Milky Way from Henry Jun Wah Lee on Vimeo.


I'd reccomend following the link and watching it in HD on Vimeo. Also, look out at 31 seconds in the bottom left for a meteor actually burning up and turning into dust.

Second is probably my favourite timelapse video of the year, or in fact, ever. You don't realise what clouds actually do when you look at them from below. The name of "The Unseen Sea" is really appropriate. This is why somewhere like San Francisco is so much better to film than somewhere like Exeter.
Again, follow the link to watch in HD.

The Unseen Sea from Simon Christen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment