Monday 13 December 2010

It's been a while!

It's been ages since my last post. I've done a bit since then, but haven't posted anything. Need to work on some content for the off-season.

So,in the last month and a bit I've pretty much: got a new camera, started on a full length (non-biking) movie, done a few assignments at college, got a job, and planned a few more things for 2011 and this winter.

So first off, new camera. It seems everyone is now shooting with a DSLR, I love their image quality and the type of shots they give you. I really think it gives a great feel to a video and I think mixed in with a specific Video Camera they can make a real good image.
So I just bought a 550d. Pretty much Canons consumer HD SLR. I bought it Body Only off eBay as I already had lenses. I then bought a Sigma 24-70 off Keith Valentine (Phunkt.com). What a great lens that is! Really impressed with it.
Anyway, me and a few mates went up onto the Moors a few days after I got it for a quick test shoot. Pleased with how it came out.
I'm also using Vimeo a lot more now, getting into putting videos in groups etc and getting more views on there, so add me as a contact or subscribe to my videos or likes or whatever!

Haytor at Dusk from Southside Productions on Vimeo.



So next up is the full length movie I'm planning with a couple of friends. Can't give away too many details apart from that it'll be a horror movie, runtime of about 1 hour 10, and it'll be screening late July next year. Look out for a Facebook page and Trailer around June 2011 time. Might post a few updates when we have storylines, scripts and other things sorted.

I've done a few assignments at college too. Music video and Corporate video are currently going on at the moment. Should have them online within the New Year but don't expect anything special, Music videos are definitely not my strong point I've now realized!

I'm also now a Sainsburys colleague! Yay. Hopefully will be using the money from that to make my 2011 plans come to fruition.

Finally is my plans for this winter and 2011. I'm going to be releasing a series of "Wintersodes" featuring riders from the South West at riding spots across the South West. Riders featured will include: Olly Hooper, Adam Price, Lee Huskinson, Ben Deakin, Will Soffe, Rich Thomas, Isaac & Joel Anderson, Adam Lock, Jay Williamson and a few more! Gonna film these at various riding spots across the South West, some you will recognise, some you wont. But look out for these dropping on various websites including Dirt.
Plans for 2011 are to get to all the Euro World Cups and World Champs. Should be great fun and me and another videog are possibly planning a cool idea for a good film for next year! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment